Open Organization Community Roster
A list of project contributors is available on GitHub. The Open Organization project always welcomes new contributors.
|Areas of Expertise
|Lauri Apple is the creator of both the Awesome Leadership and Management List and Feedmereadmes.
|Open leadership, documentation, building agile teams
|Bryan Behrenshausen is Senior Open Source Program Manager at GitLab, where he manages initatives like GitLab for Open Source and GitLab Open Source Partners. That means he helps open source projects use GitLab to grow, succeed, and thrive.
|Building community, open governance models, open documentation and knowledge-sharing practices
|Ben Cotton works as the Fedora Program Manager at Red Hat. He co-founded a local open source meetup group, and is a member of the Open Source Initiative and a supporter of Software Freedom Conservancy.
|Open leadership, communities
|Rebecca Fernandez is a Principal Program Manager at Red Hat, leading projects to help the company scale its open culture. She’s an Open Organization Ambassador, contributed to The Open Organization book, and maintains the Open Decision Framework. She is interested in the intersection of open source principles and practices, and how they can transform organizations for the better.
|Scaling open principles and practices in the enterprise, making open decisions
|Jos Groen is a practicing open leader who experienced firsthand what it takes to transform conventional organizations into open ones. He considers himself a practitioner-expert who enjoys sharing his exepriences with others and specializes in helping leaders establish an mindset.
|Heidi Hess von Ludewig
|Heidi Hess von Ludewig is an Interlock Program manager who researches networked workplace creativity from the systems perspective, which means that she examines the relationships of multiple elements within the workplace that influence how individuals and groups perform innovative and creative work.
|Interlock, innovation, social systems and culture
|We Are Open Co-Op
|Laura Hilliger is an artist, educator, writer, technologist, multimedia designer, developer, technical liaison, project manager, and Open Web hacktivist who is happiest in collaborative environments.
|Open and inclusive leadership, building community, open principles in non-profits
|Sam Knuth leads the Customer Content Services team at Red Hat.
|Making open decisions, open leadership
|International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
|Heather Leson is the Data Literacy Lead at International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies supporting 191 National Societies and 11.6 million volunteers.
|Open communities, open principles in humanitarian organizations
|Isuzu Motors (retired)
|Ron McFarland has been working in Japan for 40 years, and he’s spent more than 30 of them in international sales, sales management training, and expanding sales worldwide.
|Building trustful teams
|Allison Matlack is a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer turned Principal Product Communications Strategist at Red Hat who is known for her enthusiastic speaking style and passion for helping leaders inspire their teams.
|Open leadership and management, owning your career in an open organization
|Jonas Rosland is a community builder, open source advocate, blogger, author, and speaker at many open source focused events.
|Building community, coordinating dispersed teams
|Jimmy Sjölund is a Principal Agile Practitioner at Red Hat, focusing on organisation transformation and team excellence while exploring agile and lean workflows. He is a visualisation enthusiast and an Open Organization Ambassador.
|Agile/lean workflows, visualization methodologies, open meetings
|Open Way PBL
|Ben Owens is a freelance education innovator and strategist with Open Way PBL, LLC and the co-author of Open Up, Education! How Open Way Learning Can Transform Schools.
|Open education, schools as open organizations
Print materials maintainer
Current maintainer: Bryan Behrenshausen
The print materials maintainer oversees the Open Organization project’s print products, including articles and books. Responsibilities include:
- Establishing editorial direction for printed materials
- Ensuring articles and other printed materials move successfully through the editorial process
- Reviewing and editing work from contributors creating printed materials
- Preparing printed materials for publication
- Coordinating release of printed materials with other materials maintainers
- Coordinating announcement of printed materials on social media
- Working with contributors to publish work in the Open Organization book series
- Maintaining the Open Organization book series on
Multimedia materials maintainer
Current maintainer: Jimmy Sjölund
The multimedia materials maintainer oversees the Open Organization project’s multimedia products, which include audio, video, and shareable graphics. Responsibilities include:
- Establishing editorial direction for multimedia content materials
- Ensuring video and other multimedia materials move successfully through the editorial process
- Reviewing work from contributors creating multimedia materials; editing work as needed
- Preparing multimedia materials for publication
- Coordinating release of multimedia materials with other materials maintainers
- Coordinating announcement of multimedia materials on social media
- Working with contributors to publish work in the Open Organization YouTube channel
- Maintaining the Open Organization YouTube channel
Current maintainer: Jimmy Sjölund
The Infrastructure maintainer oversees the various tools, services, platforms, and applications the Open Organization project requires. This person serves as technical liaison to Red Hat’s Open Source Program Office and Open Source Community Infrastructure team, which provide technical resources and support for the project. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring technical functioning and reliability of the community’s Discourse forum
- Ensuring technical functioning and reliability of the project’s website
- Maintaining the project’s organization on GitHub
- Monitoring the project’s collaborative document editor on HedgeDoc
- Managing the project’s archives on Google Drive
Updated April 2022 The Open Organization Ambassadors